CISI Student Insurance
The University System of Georgia (USG) has entered into an agreement with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) to provide a robust and encompassing primary insurance plan for all USG students studying abroad. All students participating in UGA-sponsored study abroad programs are required to be enrolled in CISI international health and travel insurance.
All students studying on UGA Education Abroad programs will be enrolled in batch for their program dates by the Office of International Education. Students should not enroll themselves for the official program dates. Students who will be traveling outside of the official program dates may extend their coverage by contacting the Office of International Education (706-542-2900).
- 2017-2018 USG CISI Policy - For travel dates starting before August 1, 2018.
- 2018-2019 USG CISI Policy - For travel dates starting August 1, 2018 or later.
- UGA Insurance 101
- View the UGA Participant Guide for information specific to UGA students enrolled in the CISI coverage.
- Important Information about CISI Overseas Health Coverage
- Students on UGA Education Abroad programs will be enrolled in batch for their program dates by the Office of International Education.
CISI Mobile Apps
Click here for more information about the CISI mobile app
File a Claim
- 2017-2018 USG CISI Claim Form - For travel dates starting before August 1, 2018.
- 2018-2019 USG CISI Claim Form - For travel dates starting August 1, 2018 or later.
- CISI Contact: (800) 303-8120
Trip CancellationThe University of Georgia and the Office of International Education (OIE) recognize that unforeseen circumstances sometimes require trip cancellation. Neither the University nor OIE, however, can offer refunds or fee forgiveness outside of the Education Abroad Program Withdrawal Policy.
All students participating in UGA-sponsored study abroad programs are required to be enrolled in CISI international health and travel insurance. For faculty-led and Residential Center programs conducted in groups, OIE will enroll all program participants into USG/UGA CISI coverage. Students traveling on all other programs are required to self-enroll into the policy. Enrollment instructions are available to students as a part of their travel registration with OIE.
The USG/UGA CISI policy offers the following trip cancellation benefit that starts 30 days prior to the program’s official departure date:
We will reimburse the Program Fee if the Insured Student would otherwise be eligible for benefits under the Policy but is prevented from taking the Trip for any of the following reasons: 1) Death of a Family Member; 2) The Insured Student or Family Member suffers an Injury or Sickness that is not a Preexisting Condition. The Insured Person’s or Family Member’s Injury or Sickness must be so disabling, as certified by a Doctor, to reasonably cause a person to cancel the Trip.
Benefits are payable up the maximum shown in the Schedule of Benefits only if: 1) the event causing the cancellation of participation in the Trip occurs within 30 days prior to the scheduled departure date; 2) to the extent the program fee has been paid and is not refundable We will not reimburse any amount of the Program fee for: a) the Program Application fee; b) any deposit paid to confirm participation in the Program; or c) any insurance premiums or fees. The full CISI policy is available here.
Student Travel PolicyStudents pursuing independent study, research, or internships abroad (undergraduate or graduate) who will be enrolled in UGA coursework (including thesis or dissertation hours) or funded wholly or partially by UGA sources must:
- Complete documentation online in the UGA Travel Registry.
- Purchase CISI travel insurance using the UGA policy.
- Attend a pre-departure orientation. Contact Education Abroad for available times (firstname.lastname@example.org).