Faculty, Staff & Administrators
The following resources are available for Faculty, Staff & Administrators.
- Reporting Student Travel
- Proposing a New Program
- Existing Program Planning
- Managing a Program Abroad
- Travel Registry
- Advisor Resources
- Research Manuscripts
Global Certificate ProgramAs we compete in a global economy, individuals who understand international issues will possess valuable skills needed in current and future employment opportunities.
OIE offers year round certificate training Global Certificate Program in conjunction with UGA Training and Development. The certificate series is designed to foster understanding of and appreciation for the importance of our international relationships, including
- International students visiting UGA
- UGA students studying, interning, working, or volunteering abroad
- International scholars sharing knowledge and expertise with the UGA community
- International Partnerships
The workshop series will benefit:
- Faculty members who recruit, hire, and work with international scholars and researchers.
- Advisors that work closely with international students and assist students interested in global experiences.
- Business and office managers who handle paperwork and interact with international students and scholars.
- Faculty and Staff who run, or are starting, a study abroad program.
- Anyone who desires to encourage understanding of other cultures within the UGA community.
- General global competencies (introductory program)
- F-1 students
- J-1 scholars
- H-1B scholars
- EA 101
- Any session that’s a part of the Global Advisor Series
- Hiring international students
- Permanent residency issues
- Advising International Students
- Study Abroad Risk Management
- Study abroad financial training
- UGA services for international students
- Study abroad risk management
- From Service to Service Learning
- "Hot Topics" in international payroll and personnel issues
- Study abroad nuts and bolts
- Initiating bi-lateral cooperative agreements
- Meaningful International Partnerships
To sign up for courses go to the Training and Development website https://hr.uga.edu/employees/training/
- Deposit Refund Request Form
- Internship, Practicum, or Student Teaching Program Information Template (for internship, practicum, or student teaching programs of any length)
- Program Staff Expectations Agreement
- Semester SABD Program Info Template (for study abroad programs eight weeks or longer)
- Short SABD Program Info and Itinerary Template (for study abroad programs less than eight weeks)
- Travel Registration (Faculty/Staff)
- Withdrawal Processing Request Form
FACSA-L NewsletterFACSA-L is a listserv newsletter through which OIE shares information with those involved in education abroad programs, as well as become familiar with critical policies and procedures that govern education abroad at UGA. To join the list, please contact Ms. Colleen Larson, Education Abroad Advisor, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone: 706-542-2900.
Every FACSA-L newsletter dating back to February 1999 is archived and available in the FACSA-L Listserv Archives (https://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=FACSA-L). Only members of the listserv may view the archives.
GoAbroad Portal HelpStep-by-step guides and video tutorials for common tasks can be found online at the GoAbroad Portal Help Website (http://oie.uga.edu/goabroad-help/).
In addition, personalized assistance is available Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm EST by contacting OIE: email@example.com or 706-542-2900.